[SCA-Dance] Bassedanses

Monique Rio mrio at umich.edu
Wed Jun 26 17:34:40 EDT 2013

I totally agree with Justin. People are people. If a dance is hard to
learn /and/ dull either we're doing it wrong or missing some context.

I suspect a fair amount of the problem people have with bassedanse is
with the music. Recordings have embellished upper lines that dancers
struggle to ignore. Musicians struggle to resist the urge to play the
written out, more exciting non-melody lines when playing the dance.

It's something I've been wanting to work on for a while.

-Jadzia