[SCA-Dance] Bassedanses

D. Peters dpeters at panix.com
Mon Jun 24 14:20:59 EDT 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013, Tim McDaniel wrote:

> Did someone find a magic spell to make Burgundian basse dances
> interesting?

Actually, I've *always* found Burgundian bassedanses interesting--but I'm
more of a musician than a dancer, and I love fifteenth-century
instrumental music.  The first time that I saw Casseulle, danced to a
four-part Spagna setting, I was hooked :-)

(And it's always seemed to me that an imaginative dancer can make just
about any type of dance interesting, in any case....)

Cheers--
Rufina/DP

"Some musicians really fall in love with an instrument and want to live in
the sound of it, but I am more the kind of musician who loves a type of
music and will shamelessly bang away on whatever will get me to that kind
of music...."
      --Shira Kammen