[SCA-Dance] Ripresa graue

Justin du coeur jducoeur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 16:07:35 EDT 2013

Hmm.  The McDonald's allusion aside, that's exactly the standard Brainard
interpretation of the 15th century Contenenza.  Given that folks often make
the hand-waving comparison that the 15th and 16th century riprese and
continenze kind of swapped places, I can see folks interpreting the 16th
century ripresa minima as essentially a 15th century continenza.  And from
there, it's not much of a leap to use the same motion for the ripresa grave.

That's just a guess, but it's a fairly plausible explanation -- that sort
of game of telephone is pretty common in the SCA...