[SCA-Dance] I need a word

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:16:29 EST 2013

"Tszuj"? (Easy to say, wicked to spell.) Although, in your examples
Heralds in Love isn't an adjustment; it's how the dance is done. [More
on the word for the interested:
http://fag-hags.livejournal.com/1862.html ]


On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> Is there a word for "the little adjustments that people experienced in
> a dance will make for functional reasons to make it flow better"?  For
> example,
> - Parson's Farewell, verse 1: small double back and slant the last
>    slipping towards the other couple so you're close enough to turn
>    your contrary in chorus 1
> - Heralds in Love, chorus: go all the way to the other person's place
>    and on the beat or chorus 3 will end in tears
> - Hole in the Wall in a hallway: balance in and out while the other
>    couple is casting and progressing
> I'm thinking "dancecraft" or maybe "floorcraft" but I'm not at all
> sure.  Googling is almost useless, except I did get a hit for "tango
> floorcraft" in this sense.
> (I use "flourishes" or such for little embellishments that people
> make, not for functional reasons, but just for fun or panache.)
> Danett Lincoln
> --
> Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com
> ________________________________________________________________
> To send mail to the entire list, be sure sca-dance at sca-dance.org is listed
> in the To line of any response.
> To Unsubscribe send mail to: sca-dance-request at sca-dance.org
> Posting guidlines on the list info page: https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/mailman/listinfo/sca-dance
> ________________________________________________________________

More information about the Sca-dance mailing list