[SCA-Dance] Brainard on Nuremberg

Aaron Macks upelluri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:45:13 EST 2013

I was able to track down a copy of Ingrid Brainard's 1984 article on the
Nuremberg manuscript, "The Art of Courtly Dancing in Transition...".
For those interested it's got a good overview of the origins of the
manuscript and an analysis of the dances included.  There's one page,
the first one with "der spanier" and "rostibin", as a facsimile, but
only that page, and no transcription or translation.

Dances in the MS are:
der spanier - La Spagna
Rostibin - Rostiboli
Angelosa
Lamorosa - Amorosa
Leoncell - Lencello Vecchio
Bellregwerd - Belriguardo
Mercasan - Merchexana
vite de Colej - NOT Vita di Cholino, but perhaps an earlier dance, for a
couple