[SCA-Dance] KWDMS 9 Pre-Reg Closes in Just 5 Days

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu May 10 16:30:08 EDT 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012, Felice Debbage <felicedebbage at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to remind you that pre-registration for KWDMS 9 closes
> in just 5 days. If you are certain that you want to come, I would
> suggest doing so immediately.
> The class lists are available online on the main web page, as well
> as the link to ACCEPS.

It helps to mention the URL: http://www.kwdms9.com/
(I did a Google search and it took me too long to realize that I was
looking at the 2011 page.  Hey, the only thing I remembered was "it's
at a Midwestern state university student union".  I was only off by
a state and a year.)

> Finally, a note from our hotel and site coordinator: KWDMS hotel
> room blocks are closing soon. If you have not gotten your hotel yet,
> do so.

NOTE: THE DRURY LINK from the Hotels page is to a blog for someone
surnamed Drury.  The correct URL is below.

It's be nice if the Hotels page listed the distance / convenience for
each hotel to the Ohio Union.  Heck, it'd be good if it listed each
one's full name and address!  For example, there are three Hawthorn
Suites in Columbus.  The short URLs below are provided directly by
Google Maps.  Most of the phone numbers I copied from the Hotels page;
I did not verify most of them; the ones I remember calling I mark
below.

Based on the Hotels page at
http://www.kwdms9.com/index.php?action=hotels .  Please see that page
for group codes for blocks, rates, and other info.

Hotels where KWDMS has room blocks:

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus West
5505 Keim Circle, Columbus, OH, US, 43228  [rhymes with "rhyme"]
614-853-6199 (verified)
10.7 mi, 17 mins
http://g.co/maps/ge8t4

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites OSU
3045 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, Ohio 43202
614-447-1212
2.7 mi, 7 mins
http://g.co/maps/tyd3h

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus OSU
3031 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43202
800-701-4485 or 800-228-2800 or 614-267-1111
2.7 mi, 7 mins
http://g.co/maps/t7dv4

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area
3232 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio, 43202
614-263-7200
3.0 mi, 8 mins
http://g.co/maps/6q4ew

Hotels where KWDMS does not have room blocks:

The Varsity Inn OSU North
3246 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43202
614-267-4646
3.1 mi, 8 mins
http://g.co/maps/qdxxq

University Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
3110 Olentangy River Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43202
614-267-7461
3.3 mi, 9 mins
http://g.co/maps/utk5u

Red Roof Inn, Columbus - The Ohio State University
http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00121
441 Ackerman Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
2.4 mi, 6 mins
http://g.co/maps/wz4ts

Harrison House Bed and Breakfast
313 West 5th Avenue, Columbus, OH
614-421-2202 or 800-827-4203
harrisonhousecolumbus at gmail.com
1.0 mi, 4 mins
http://g.co/maps/fhxwa

Neil Avenue Bed and Breakfast
1237 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio
614-670-5075 between 10am and 10pm
elksegura at gmail.com
1.2 mi, 4 mins
http://g.co/maps/naqse

Drury Inn and Suites Convention Center - Columbus, OH
88 East Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH, 43215
614-221-7008 (verified)
https://druryhotels.com/PropertyHotelServices.aspx?Property=0107
2.2 mi, 7 mins
http://g.co/maps/upm9e