[SCA-Dance] Interpreting the last chorus of "Cuckolds All A Row"

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:30:51 EDT 2012

Sorry, yes, I didn't mean officially starting at the same time, but the men
start, and then the women one or two beats later, vs 4 beats later.

I just meant it as a philosophical argument of whether 4 beats later could
feel like "allmost at the same time", relative to other dances with longer
figures.  That was all.  (noted that your opinion is that it would not be 4
beats apart in this case).  :)

I guess are there other dances where the two genders start figures just
slightly offset from one another? (i.e. 1-2 beats)  I know there are some
in my head, but I think those might be SCA choreographies I am thinking of.

Oh, and definitely though I'd think that, although many dances I'm very
used to a regimented 4 beat structure, when I think of some dances, such as
Parson's Farewell, it definitely feels like the lines get blurred, and some
figures are done in different amounts of time than we are used to,
depending how you interpret them.

Darius