[SCA-Dance] "Self-declared level of ability"

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jun 28 11:35:30 EDT 2012

> These are questions from the autocrat of the next Known World Dance
> Symposium.
> Would it help if the registration process asked for self declared
> level of ability?

In my case, no.  I would be puzzled at how to answer: I'm pretty good
at ECD and Gresley but poor in Italian and horrid at bassedance (I
have more or less memorized the Iowa Zip Code Dance and that's it).

I'm not sure where it could help.  It might help to know how many
beginner classes to schedule.  Are many of them local walk-ins (not
pre-reg), though, which would skew the statistics?

A lot of classes are already marked as for what level of expertise is
needed.

Dankyn de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com