[SCA-Dance] [SCA-dance] Notes from the Future of KWDS meeting

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:15:36 EDT 2012

Yes, we would have to find the right balance.

It would also depend on the site.  Because if we have an advance track on
the Thursday, and also a concurrent Beginner track, and a Middle Eastern
track, and a Musician track, well, then that is suddenly 4 rooms we'll need
for a whole extra day.  So there are logistics involved too.

I would expect though that we could try for a beginner track opposite the
master class thing.  And hopefully we could find the right layout so that
the teachers would only miss 1 hour each of the high level class, even
though it would still be unfortunate to miss it.

Hey, I originally proposed just an open dance area as an alternative.  Then
people who don't want to do any of the advanced classes (including even
laurels who might not be as interested in a particular style), can go dance
what they like.  That is always an option.

Oh, and pre-supposing this situation?  I'm just taking it from Experience.
 When I schedule Step Spritely, NO ONE wants to conflict with Rosina.  No
One.  But someone has to.  It is a sacrifice.  It is a worthy one, and it
is something we may have to do somewhat even here as well.  (and hey, I
really like teaching new people!  So it isn't such an imposition from that
aspect, but it does take me away from developing my own dance ability
further at one of my few opportunities to get lessons directly).

Ok, I must stop writing.  But trust me that we're not blind to these
issues!  (and we do appreciate the feedback.  In our meeting the concern
was not thoroughly discussed, but that was more a function of Time because
we were near the end of the meeting, not because we didn't realize they
exist).