[SCA-Dance] Fw: Gresley: Grene Gynger

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jun 4 11:19:17 EDT 2012

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012, Mary Railing <mrailing2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I find it surprising that your dancers think Gresley dances feel
> ECD-like. They are much more like 15th century Italian dances than
> like anything in the ECD repertoire. I wonder if it is just that
> Scadians are conditioned to believe Italian dance = scary dance.

More that *I hope* they feel it's more ECD-like.

A problem is the fancy footwork in Italian Ren -- maybe I'm
emphasizing the footwork too much?  I'm not even going as far as "and
Perronnelle says that these doubles should be done rising with each
step and go flat on the last step".  Well, OK, I didn't say it more
than once.  At least one lady said something like "I did ballet in
school and I'm not doing it now".

Still, of the 5 of us present (light house the last few times), 2 or 3
had trouble even with pive.

Danyll de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com