[SCA-Dance] All Ages Revel and Classes!

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 07:52:49 EDT 2012

As we all prepare for Pennsic, I'd like to take this opportunity to let
everyone know about a special Ball this year, the All Ages Revel!

Please see details below, and feel free to re-post to anyone who has a
spring in their step, of any age!

Introduction to Dance for All Ages:  Wednesday Aug 1 - Saturday Aug 4 at
Noon at the Dance Tent
It's never too early to learn to dance! This class will cover some simple
dances that are fun for all ages (adult supervision is required for those
under 12). These dances will prepare you for Saturday afternoon's All Ages
Revel.

All Ages Revel:  Saturday Aug 4  at  5 pm - 7 pm at the Dance Tent
If you like to dance, but can't stay up late enough to attend the evening
revels, come to the Dance Pavilion on Saturday afternoon for the All Ages
Revel. The set list will consist of dances suitable for dancers of any age
(adult supervision required for those under 12).

And here are the dances we're planning to teach, and will be our selection
from which we will choose for the Revel:

Wednesday, Aug. 1, Jayne--English Country:  Siding, arming, heys, Rufty
Tufty, Hearts Ease, Black Nag, Scotch Cap

Thursday, Aug. 2, Darius--Montarde Bransle, Pease Bransle, Clog Bransle,
Horse's Bransle, Lorayne Alman, Old Alman

Friday, Aug. 3, Wilhelm--piva, salterelli, Petite Rien, Belfiore, and
Anello or Chirintana

Saturday, Aug. 4, Jayne--Dances in a Circle formation: singles and doubles
to the side, Gathering Peasecods, Official Bransle, Quen Quer Que and Pin
Wheel

Saturday, August 4, Revel, 5-7pm

Yay Dancing!