[SCA-Dance] Documenting Argeers for an A&S competition

Dani Zweig dani at pobox.com
Mon Jan 23 09:48:33 EST 2012

> However, there isn't really any way to tell from that complexity just how
long
> people had been doing ECD, nor when it was a fresh, new style.

We know quite a bit about that.  People were certainly doing what they
called country dances in the sixteenth century.  But I would advise against
going down this road with documentation.  This is the "people ate chicken
in period" approach to document Kentucky Fried Chicken.

The challenge in this case is to document Argeers to period, not to
document ECD to period.

- Dani