[SCA-Dance] ADMIN: Advice on how to proceed

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 7 11:44:02 EST 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, sca-dance-owner at sca-dance.org wrote:
> My position on "advertising" is that it should only be done by
> active participants in the list, and more as an "aside" (like as
> part of their signature) not as a focus of the message... If it's
> *very* related to sca-dance (as "Hey, we've recorded a CD of dance
> music and are giving a good deal to members of this list") then
> maybe it could be the subject of the message, as long as the posts
> don't "too spammy" in frequency.  (which, i'll admit, is subjective)

This is a low-traffic list, so I'm not worried.

I tend to be of your opinion -- the briefer the better (like a URL and
a sentence), by true active participants.  Someone who has no
self-interest at stake in the product might review it at greater
length.

For the instant case, that company that is selling period-style
instruments: well, let people use search engines.

Danyell de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com