[SCA-Dance] Pennsic Dance Thank Yous

Ben Pung ben at houseofpung.net
Wed Aug 15 15:29:11 EDT 2012

Greetings Dancers!

Another Pennsic War has come and gone, and while battles (and storms)
raged all around, we danced the days away. As always, the dancing was
facilitated by countless volunteers who kept the dance pavilion
running smoothly.

I would like to particularly thank a few people who took on
particularly important tasks. As in recent years, Darius was in charge
of setting up and taking down the dance floor, for which all of our
feet are grateful. Aaron and Jadzia did an excellent job performing
maintenance on the Pennsic Pile and organizing musicians for evening
dancing. Lorita (though she was not able to attend the war herself)
provided articles in the Pennsic Independent promoting dance, as well
as the daily announcement flyers. Guillaume provided support for both
Darius and Lorita. Also I would like to thank Conrad and Gregory for
their offers of assistance.

The evening revels during the second week are always a highlight of
the war, and they were all excellent this year. Many thanks to
Patches, Wilhelm and Conandil, Margaret and Felice, and Mirabella for
hosting balls for the rest of us to enjoy.

Of course, the days were filled with dancing as well, and thanks for
that goes to all of the people who volunteered their time to teach
classes. There were old standards and new research alike, providing
exciting dance opportunities for both newcomers and old hands. We were
also grateful to be invited to teach a track of classes at Casa
Bardicci this year, which hopefully will become an annual tradition.
There are too many names to list here, but to all of the teachers who
came this year I extend my most heartfelt gratitude.

A great number of musicians made themselves available for both classes
and revels, and for that I thank them as well.

It's never too early to start working on new classes or planning
delightful parties. The next year will pass quickly, and soon enough
it will be time to do it all over again!

Ever in service,
Lorenzo Petrucci