[SCA-Dance] Maltese Branle vs SCA Maltese

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 09:26:32 EDT 2011

The dance was choreographed by Signy when she was living in Michigan in the mid '70's. In those days there was almost no recorded renaissance dance music available. The music came from an album called Tanzmusik der Renaissance (the source of the Entrecourante music as well). As far as I can recall, it was NOT called Turkish bransle originally. I never heard that name for it until years later, after SCA dance standards had risen, but, at least in the Middle, the name Turkish bransle never really caught on.

--Urraca