[SCA-Dance] Looking for music suggestions

White, John white at drexel.edu
Mon Mar 28 10:28:20 EDT 2011

> From: flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
>
> "Nauloera ." <nauloera at gmail.com> writes:
> > Some friends that I practice dance with are looking for music to go
> > with Aniseed Robin (listed as Irish Lady in Playford) but have been
> > unable to find any. Does anyone have suggestions for this?
>
> Havn't checked the repeat structure, I need to find my CD -- but
> perhaps: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YWTQGS
>
> I hightly recommend the album btw... great stuff in there.
> ;)
>
> flip

The music I use for Aniseed-water Robin (aka The Irish Lady) is, indeed,
that from 'The Art of the Bawdy Ballad' by the Baltimore Consort.

Since Irish Lady is a 3-figure progressive with an extra intro figure,
you aren't going to find any pre-recorded music that will work (at least,
in every situation - and being that this is a rather long dance, probably
in any situation), but this piece of music works well as the basis of a
patched-together series of tunes based on the number of couples, or, as I
do, the building blocks required to build various couple-number-specific
iTunes playlists.

        \\Dafydd C