[SCA-Dance] KWDS update

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 13:24:08 EDT 2011

We're one month away from Known World Dance. The hotel room block has been
released, but it is still possible to book rooms. (I doubt the hotel will fill
up.) There is also the option of dorm rooms. If you want to stay in the dorm,
you must tell us in advance. Please contact me (mrailing2 at yahoo.com) or Olivia
(oliviagreene1490 at yahoo.com ) and tell us which nights you need and whether you
are male or female.

The most up-to-date version of the class schedule is on the Google calendar
 https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=kwdanceclasses%40yahoo.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York

We have teachers coming from all over the county and beyond. The class schedule
has something for everyone. You can brush up on old favorites, geek out about
obscure sources, learn those pesky Italian steps no one in you area teaches, or
learn about the history and social context of the dances we do. This event is
not just for renaissance dance. We have belly dance classes, four classes on
classical Indian dance, and a class on 16th century Persian dance. There are
classes for musicians and singers, as well as dancers who want to learn more
about music.

See our web site at www.kwdsviii.org or our facebook page
www.facebook.com/pages/Known-World-Dance-Symposium-VIII/176672272369410?ref=hnav

--Urraca