[SCA-Dance] Fwd: pennsicdance: The Future of KWDS, part 2

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 12:56:34 EDT 2011

Yup, at least that is the experience some of the time.  :)

Part of the trick too with the sites is that we tend to be looking for the
same types of sites as Weddings.  But weddings tend to book rather far in
advance, and also, sites can charge a lot more for weddings than for a
non-profit group like the SCA, so that can sometimes hurt our chances of
getting a site.  (since at least for the recent ones, we've been booking
right in the midst of wedding season).  We had issues trying to sort out one
of our first hopeful potential sites for this reason, which set us back a
little bit anyway.  (it would have been a beautiful site, but we couldn't
get them to commit enough rooms).  It is tricky.  While weddings book really
early, many sites won't even let you book more than 1 year in advance.

But I think that the most recent KWDSes may have come in with a proposed
site.  I'm not sure what their schedules were of getting sites sorted out.
 It certainly helps.

Darius