[SCA-Dance] Beginners' Ball

Sonya patches023 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 19 23:44:53 EDT 2011

For those of you going to Pennsic,

I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to the Beginners'
Ball on Sunday August 7 from 9pm on into the night (the booklet has the time
incorrect, start time is 9 pm) held in the European Dance Tent.  We welcome
dancers of all levels as well as musicians for our fabulous open band.
There will be refreshments, which are generously sponsored by Storvik.  The
blurb from the Pennsic Class book is below

Beginners' Ball
The Beginners Ball, held on Sunday, August 7, is your opportunity to explore
the joys of dance available to all. Please join us for a ball that is open
to all levels of dancers (partners and fancy garb not necessary). We will
dance a lively assortment of dances from Bransles to English Country to
dances from the Inns of Court to some easy Italian dances. Is all this
meaningless to you? Don't worry as this is a 'teaching' ball. Beginners more
than welcome. Music will be provided by an open band assembled at Pennsic.
We welcome musicians to join us in our celebration. In addition, there will
be light refreshments available.

YIS,
Lady Sonya Flicker aka Patches

Please feel free to post this information widely.  I want to get the word
out about the correct time.