[SCA-Dance] Goddisses (via Lovelace)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 7 12:51:49 EDT 2011

In Goddesses, the proposal is to hay for 8 counts and then reverse.

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Gwommy 'Bill' Holderman <gwommy at gmail.com> wrote:
> It makes sense to me. This is how I started teaching the 3rd chorus
> to Parson's Farewell. Depending on the speed of the music, you may
> not have time to do all that Playford says. In which case, I tell
> people to follow the pattern for 16 counts and then stop and reverse
> it for the other 16 counts and you'll end up back in place (assuming
> you go back at the same speed).

[Light Dawns over Marblehead]

I was in your set for Parson's Farewell in the class in the Alumni
Hall, and asked how you do the hay, and that's what you told me there.
If the on-line schedule matches the real one (I don't remember), you
told us that on Friday PM, and I proposed it in Goddesses on Saturday
PM.

So shove the credit for the idea back to Gwommy.

Perhaps I should try teaching it in Parson's Farewell and Goddesses by
counting backwards from 15.  (You can't do an instant stop + turn +
resume, but 1 beat seemed to do.)

Danihel de Lindo
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com