[SCA-Dance] KWDS in Germany

D. Peters dpeters at panix.com
Wed Jul 6 19:51:02 EDT 2011

<de-lurking...>

--- In sca-dance at yahoogroups.com, Rachel/Judith <judithsca at ...> wrote:

>     I saw my name mentioned in the minutes from the KWDS post-mortem, in
> reference to hosting a KWDS here in Germany. I actually have a 14th c.
> site here that would be idyllic for such a venture (depending on how
> many classes tracks we would run), with a 19th c. neogothic hostel with
> beds for only 14 EUR per night within five minute walking distance. The
> question I have is: would it be worth hosting a KWDS over here? How many
> people would make the trip (for flight costs, it would be better to host
> it in Jan, Feb. or March)?

I would *love* to go to an event in a site like that!  Speaking as someone
whose vacations are tied to an academic calendar, I would have an easier
time getting to such an event in the first half of January (Spouse's
Spring Semester starts after MLK Day).  The same might be true for other
faculty/student types....

Just another data point--
Rufina/DP
<re-lurking>