[SCA-Dance] Middle Kingdom 12th Night (The Musical!) - European Dance

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:39:57 EST 2011

Middle
Kingdom 12th Night (The Musical!) - European Dance

Greetings!

Thinking
about coming to the Middle Kingdom 12th Night in Tree-Girt-Sea (Saturday
January 15 in Chicago, IL) but not sure what to do with all that open event
time?

Come
dance!

Renaissance
Dance Practice: 1 pm - 4 pm, First Floor

No
Musical is complete without dancing. And we mean LOTS of dancing. So drop into
our class and learn the dances that we will do for the evening ball. We will do
our best to give people a quick walkthrough or a reminder of the steps before
each dance during the ball but we cannot do that for all dances. That means you
need to come and learn! The class will not have a set structure and will depend
on whichever dances people request to learn.

Evening Dance List: 8:30 pm - 10 pm, Third Floor

Set One

Black Almain (A longways English Inns of Court dance for as many as will.)

Amoroso (15th century Italian dance, for couples)

Horses' Bransle (16th century French dance, for couples in a circle, with women
in the center, holding both hands with your partner. The first two rounds will
be non-partner switching. The rest will include partner switching.)

Petit Riens (15th century Italian dance, for groups of three people in a line.)

Set Two

Maltese Bransle (16th century French dance in a circle.) (Arbeau version, as
opposed to the Schiarazula Marizula thing often called the "Turkish"
or "Saracen" Bransles. These are SCA inventions. We're attempting to
do the historical version.)

Gracca Amorosa (16th century Italian dance, for couples.)

Anello (15th century Italian dance, for sets of two couples in a circle.)

Contrapasso in Due (16th century Italian dance, for couples)

Official Bransle (16th century French dance, for couples as many couples as
will in a circle. The first two rounds will feature a "lift," as
opposed to a "toss." There is no "Toss the Wench" in the
original version. The "tossing" version will start on the third
round.)

Set Three

Earl of Essex Measure (A longways 16th century English Inns of Court dance for
couples.)

Belfiore (A 15th century Italian dance, for sets of three people--2 men and 1
woman, or 2 women and 1 man.)

Bizzaria d'Amore (A 16th century Italian dance for sets of two couples in a
diamond.)

Madame Sosilla's Alman (A longways 16th century English Inns of Court dance,
for couples.)

Rostiboli Gioioso (A 15th century Italian dance, for couples.)

Contacts:

For questions about European dance and music or to let me know you are planning
to attend please contact: Master Philip White, philipwhite

{at} hotmail {.} com, 817-313-7575

And,

If you know you are coming to Kingdom 12th Night – pre-registration is now
open: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php

Feast is limited, so, sign up fast!

See everyone soon!