[SCA-Dance] Laptop music programs?

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:58:12 EDT 2011

I store my music in Windows using iTunes and use my iPod instead of my
laptop for playing. I need to get a new set of powered speakers; my
old ones died. At the moment I just play the iPod through my old
boombox. Antonello was using Windows Media Player on a laptop attached
to his boombox. I know he got an iPod, but I don't know which he's
currently using for dance music. I'm no help with Ubuntu, but I'm sure
any music player that allows you to organize the tracks in a way that
makes sense to you will work.

> [1] To descend to seriousness, to be a fair comparison you'd have to
> consider CDs + boombox versus laptop + brick + speakers.  Plus, a
> couple of practices ago, the boom box refused to play both CDs that
> had Whirlygig.

I know my boombox won't play CD-RWs; it seems OK with CD-Rs. It's also
old enough that the discs need to be burned as audio discs; it doesn't
play mp3s. Sounds as though you had a format issue.

--Perronnelle

--
What you see but can't see over is as good as infinite.  -- Thomas
Carlyle (1795-1881)