[SCA-Dance] pennsicdance: The Future of KWDS, part 3?

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 03:53:25 EDT 2011

So, I was busy with dance floor deconstruction during the discussion at
Pennsic this year, but I got the quick synopsis afterwards, so for anyone
who hasn't heard, here it is:  (oh, and please correct me if I am getting
anything wrong, or missing important details).

1.  Deonna is planning on proceeding with a bid for 2013 for her KWDS in NY
state.  (Concordia of the Snows)

2.  Judith is proposing a European KWDS in 2015.  (Germany I think)

And of course there is no change to the plan of Felice running her's in 2012
in Ohio.

I'm assuming that 2014 will be a year of rest, so everyone can save up for
Germany, but I didn't get the full details of the discussion.  Likewise, I'm
not certain if anything was proposed / decided for 2016 or 2017.  (for those
who plan their lives that far in advance)  :P

Oh, and I have to still put this info up, but just to let people know, I do
have an unofficial KWDS website as a landing page for all these, and a
reference for old KWDS information.
http://kwds.org/

Number 7 is up there as well again, and though it needs to be cleaned up a
bit, the links are there for our compendium of class notes, in case anyone
wants them.  (this includes some Gresley info that Emma and Martin have been
working on, as I know this came up in some discussions at recent events).
 Though I think they will be making their full notes available soon too.

BTW, if anyone has any comments / suggestions regarding the generic KWDS
landing page, feel free to let me know.  My eventual plans are to be able to
host future KWDS websites for people, if they'd like to save the money and
some setup, as well as hopefully refining what we've done so far to get a
better template going  (so that we don't have to reinvent the wheel each
time, at least for class and teacher listings).

Oh, and this link will also go to the same place, since the name is somewhat
flexible:
http://kwdms.org/

Ok, I think that's about it for now / all I know.  Feel free to discuss!  :)
THL Darius the Dancer   :)   (I get to try out my shiny new title for a bit)