[SCA-Dance] Popular gresley dances

sarah scroggie sarah.scroggie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:57:37 EDT 2011

there are 8 of our reconstructions with music in the KWDS VII compendium ...
but I think the online link for that is broken... I can find it and
republish
it all on another site.

Grene Gynger was one of the first ones we re-constructed and wrote music for
so
I do have it online
http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~s_scroggie/Gresley/Grene_Gynger.htm
and the music Martin Bildner wrote is here:
http://ieee.uwaterloo.ca/~s_scroggie/Gresley/grene_music.jpg

I have attached a midi version of the music that I just tried to up-load to
the
web site but it wouldn't let me log in so I don't think the rest of the list
will be able to see it... e-mail me separately if you want a copy.

   We like grene gynger a lot too.

Rawty is another that is becoming popular. But a don't have a local weekly
set
of dancers to terrorize, so we do more reconstructing than popularizing...

Hopefully in the near future we will put all our work together in a
publication
and Martin will record the music.

      Emma

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Barbara Webb <bwebb at inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:47:01 +0000 (UTC)
> > From: yves.de.fortanier at comcast.net
> >
> > I know nothing of their popularity, but I did take note of a class by
> > Emma Dansmeyla in the KWDS VII schedule that featured Grene Gynger,
> > Hawthorne, and Tamrett.
>
> Do you have any more info about the Grene Gynger reconstruction? We have
> done our own version quite recently and it has proved very popular
> (probably due to Otto's fine tune) so I'd be interested to compare notes.
>
> Caitlin
>

> --

Sarah Scroggie,
Mother and Theater technician/ set designer

Cell: (519) 217 7274
Home: (519) 940-0047