[SCA-Dance] Petit Vriens Considered Dangerous?

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 15:55:54 EDT 2011

I've heard many complaints about "mosh pit" Petit Vriens. I tell people, "If it
would get you a penalty in hockey, you can't do it here," but that doesn't
necessarily stop people from treating it like a game of chicken or red rover or
crack the whip.

I thing that like other balli, Petit Vriens was originally meant for a single
set. That doesn't leave out the possibility of improvising on the solos, but it
would make crashing into another set impossible.

--Urraca