[SCA-Dance] Petit Vriens Considered Dangerous?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 5 13:06:19 EDT 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Niki <janeeve2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Issues that have been discussed in prior classes include:
>
> Arming safely

It's not from personal experience, but I've heard that, at Gulf Wars,
Petit Vriens is a hazardous dance: people doing line-weaving can be
hazardous, but I think I've heard that there's someone there who loves
to do full-speed _impact_.  Anyone know better about this?

I should note that, a couple of years ago at a local event's dance
when I announced that there would be no contact / no weaving, at least
one couple left the floor in disappointment.

(BTW, can I safely assume that there's nothing about weaving in
Domenico or any other period source?)

Denyel de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com