[SCA-Dance] Modern Rules for Renaissance Dance - Suggestions Request

Niki janeeve2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 12:20:28 EDT 2011

It's that time again!

I'm prepping my 'Modern Rules for Rennaissance Dance' class for Pennsic and am
turning to all of you to share you 'did that just happen?' or 'how do we prevent
*that* from  happening again?' moments from the year.

For those of you who aren't aware, my 'Modern Rules for Rennaissance Dance'
class showcases a variety of situations that shouldn't - but sometimes do
-happen on the dance floor.  Mostly these things include the lack of manners
and/or hygeine.  But, can sometimes include patient safety as well.

Issues that have been discussed in prior classes include:

Arming safely
Appropriate flirting/advances
Remembering good hygiene (ie don't sneeze into a cupped hand and then offer it
to someone to dance)
Remembering good manners (ie don't say 'ew' if you don't want to dance with
someone)
The differences between flirting and being intimidating (ie, Eye contact is
good; staring someone down is not)
Using cameras (video or otherwise) to capture a moment

You're welcome to contact me privately or on the list.   Proper credit will be
giving for suggestions/stories used in the class - unless you ask that it
remain anonymus.

Thanks!

Lady Jane Milford

*Becoming a good violinist is 6% skill and 94% not getting distracted by the
internet.