[SCA-Dance] Christmas Music

Garden, John (DPS) John.Garden at aph.gov.au
Tue Nov 16 18:08:39 EST 2010

SCAers might be interested in a book I published a few years ago called
'The Christmas Carol Dance book'. It is available from
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/christmas-carol-dance-book/6006080
. It contains music, lyrics and historical notes for 64 carols-including
many renaissance ones-and instructions for dances that echo in their
steps and figures the various carols' historical origins and lyrical
storyline. We have used the collection to very good effect putting on
many many memorable Christmas balls, and I believe others have also used
it to good effect. If I may say so, the book is beautifully presented
and the dances are all well crafted in historic styles and really work
well.

Wishing all lots of fun this Christmas,

John Garden