[SCA-Dance] Christmas Music

Annikki Raiford annikki1973 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 10:37:19 EST 2010

Galliard to Oh Holy Night? ;)

Adele

On Nov 16, 2010 10:15 AM, "Shannon Sterne" <stpltly at yahoo.com> wrote:

Greetings,

Has anyone attempted to match traditional, modern Christmas music with SCA
dances?

We are planning dance for our Barony's Yule Revel and thought it might be
fun to
do some performance pieces to Christmas music. We would use
only medieval-sounding songs. For example, I have "Deck the Halls" played on
Celtic harp and "O Holy Night" by the Vienna Boys Choir, plus about a dozen
others that may be appropriate. And yes, we have "Greensleeves."

But I thought I would check and see if anyone has already tried this, and
knows
which dances match well with which songs, before I sit down and begin to do
the
analysis myself.

Many thanks,

Sibylla of Amasya