[SCA-Dance] One Hour of Dance - Class details

Aaron Elkiss aelkiss at umich.edu
Wed Mar 24 14:46:10 EDT 2010

We've been doing it that way for a while at Terpsichore and it often
gets a somewhat mixed reception from people who aren't expecting it,
but I don't think it's that uncommon. At Step Spritely and at KWDS VII
Martin and Duffy have provided some pretty crazy bransle suites...
Whether you can do it I think it depends on large degree to the band
and the adventurousness of the band leader. At Crystal Ball and
Pennsic for example, the band is basically a pick-up band, and it's
LARGE. You can't do anything too complicated or it will fall apart.
For Terpsichore we spend some time practicing the bransle suite --
listening to the person in charge and being ready for a change. It
doesn't always work perfectly, but it's always fun for me at least :)

- Aaron Drummond
Barony of Cynnabar