[SCA-Dance] War Branle Music tempo question...

William Bornander wrborn at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:44:11 EST 2010

Hi all,
We are dealing with the last questions on the Academy and Dance event and had a question on the War Bransle... I have heard the second part of the music played much faster then the first part almost all times I have heard this performed for dance, but the musicians who are assigned this play it all without tempi change
I was suprised when I went back to Arbeau and found nothing to hint that there should be any change so I became curious... What is the reason it is done so that I have missed? Or is it just a custom of playing as it was heard?
Any comments on or off list are welcome...
YiS,Wilhelm of Northpass