[SCA-Dance] Dance Books - RE: NEW - Alternate source for ECD

Niki janeeve2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 20:47:05 EST 2010

Hi Monika,

I do have the book, and it's a great source to help tie dance in to the society at the time.  However, it does have to be read with a critical eye, as some of the things it theorizes that dance equates to (including archetecture and gardening) seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Well worth the read, though - especially the bibliography!

Lady Jane Milford

*********
Out of curiousity, I note there are no public reviews of this book (Dance,
Spectacle, and the Body Politick, 1250-1750) on amazon.com, (though they
list other reviews).  Maybe someone should add one.

Also, is there anywhere on our list, or somewhere where anyone has listed
recommended books for SCA dancers.  Starting with obvious ones like
Orchesography, then books on mannerisms, etc.

Monika