[SCA-Dance] Belle Qui

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Jun 24 00:23:17 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 02:22:14PM -0700, John Farmer wrote:

> I am finding myself needing documentation for dancing Belle Qui, and
> in my online searches I have found mostly documentation on the music
> and singing it rather than the dance itself.

In these days when most people look at search engines and nothing
else, yeah, kinda hard to find.

But the SCA Dance Homepage links both a facsimile of Arbeau
at the Library of Congress and a transcription of the French,
which has Belle Qui here:

http://graner.net/nicolas/arbeau/orcheso09.php

Finally, Joseph Cassazza's concordance of music in Arbeau
doesn't list any other sources for Belle Qui.

-- Gregory

p.s. you have a *great* mundane name for Early Music!