[SCA-Dance] SCA Created Dances

Michael Bergman eclectic at mit.edu
Wed Apr 28 23:14:18 EDT 2010

I haven't seen anyone mention Hole in the Wall.  The SCA choreography
is actually a bit different than modern ECD, with the excessive bowing
and scraping, palming, early 17th century steps, and if you add in
sharking (or kidnapping, as it was called when I learned it), it all
adds up to a related, but different, dance than the one modern ECD
folks do.

Also, Troika, which I don't believe has any folk dance roots.  I think
it was just made up from period iconography mixed with sheer
ignorance.

I don't know if it was performed more than once, but there's the
Guillaume Jehan Pavanne, which a bunch of Marklanders inflicted on
innocent SCAdians at Pennsic some 20+ years ago.

Similarly, but more recently, the Brandle de Poule
(http://www.kickery.com/2010/04/branle-de-la-poule.html).

--Harald Longfellow