[SCA-Dance] SCA Created Dances

Jane & Mark Waks waks at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 09:24:49 EDT 2010

Gwommy 'Bill' Holderman wrote:
> Another dance that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is Uncle Sion's
> "Two Fat Ladies".  It seems that every where I've taught that dance,
> everyone loved it!

Huh -- never even heard of this one. What genre is it in?

> Last year, our most practiced dance at dance practice was Rosina's
> "Mordred's Lullaby."  That is an awesome dance, especially when
> dancing it with Rosina (which I have a video on YouTube of that one).

Mordred's Lullaby is creepy, beautiful and fantastic, and I've long
pondered the notion of doing up the costumes from Excalibur and entering
it into a Worldcon masquerade. But IIRC she herself points out a lot of
ways in which it's not really period in style. (Of course, I still
occasionally teach Saltarello La Regina, so I don't really have grounds
to criticize...)

				-- Justin