[SCA-Dance] [sca-dance] NEW - Alternate source for ECD

Michael L. Squires mikes at siralan.org
Tue Apr 13 18:47:48 EDT 2010

Elizabeth I of England made used the spectacle of her Accession Day
tournaments to frame her reign (and charged admission).  I've always been
struck by the similarity between the Accession Day tournaments and the
role that "heavy" combat played in the SCA (more in the past) and still
does at Crown Tourney, the various Wars, and the events organized around a
tournament.

Not an original thought, but one that has interested me.

Alan Culross, KSCA, OW (dance)
Mike Squires