[SCA-Dance] Fun Activity for Friday Evening Before Crystal Ball-- City Museum

Felice Debbage felicedebbage at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:39:12 EST 2009

Greetings Fellow Dance Enthusiasts,

I would like to extend a warm invitation to you all for a fun, group
activity the evening before Crystal Ball. For those of you who will be
in the St. Louis, Missouri area on Friday night, please consider
joining a few of my friends and me for a trip to City Museum in the
heart of the city. For those of you who have never been before, City
Museum isn't really a museum, per se, but an enormous adventure
playground made of scrap materials from buildings that have been torn
down in the St. Louis area. It's an exhileratingly great time, and any
further descriptions I could give of the place would never do it
justice, so I encourage you to take a look at the place's Web site
(http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp) to see if it looks like something
you'd enjoy. My friends and I do not know exactly what time we'll be
able to get there, so as a result, I'm proposing an open time slot of
8PM-12AM (the place closes at 1 AM, though) for SCA people to come and
play. No need to wait for us to start having fun. :-)

It's supposed to be 60 some degrees on Friday, with a low in the
mid-40s. Part of the museum is outdoors, so you'll want to dress
appropriately. Here's the dress guidelines from the site: "With so
much to explore, both inside and out, we'd like to suggest that you
dress appropriately. We highly recommend that sneakers or closed-toe,
closed-heel shoes are worn in the museum. Sandals/flip flops are
strongly discouraged. Please note that, regardless of style, footwear
must be worn at all times. We'd also like to recommend that you
consider wearing full-length pants or jeans, as you will want to take
advantage of our multiple slides, tunnels and various attractions." I
also avoid belts or coats that have bits that can catch on things. You
may end up crawling through tight spaces (if you choose), and I
personally don't like the annoyance of having to unstick my clothes
from every little bit of metal before I can move any further. ;-) They
do have lockers where you can put your purses, backpacks, and winter
coats, though. I personally will be in a windbreaker or sweatshirt and
jeans.

And finally, a disclaimer: this little field trip isn't endorsed by
Crystal Ball folks or the SCA. It's just a fun thing my friends and I
love to do on the Friday before Crystal, and hey, the more the
merrier. So please send this letter to anyone you think would enjoy
coming. It would be great to randomly run into old friends while
climbing through an airplane suspended 100 feet above the pavement.
;-)

Hope to see you there!

--
Good dancing to you!

Felice

"Sharona: Adrian, you have to sit. This is a picnic.
Monk: I - I don't sit on the ground. Animals do things on the ground -
terrible, terrible things."