[SCA-Dance] Fw: Help with some Itailian Dances

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 19:35:37 EDT 2009

I've posted a video of the more common 16th century Italian dance steps on Youtube <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kPgDi0NNBc>
It's rather rough because I'm just learning how to use the video editing software, and I haven't got the hang of smooth transitions yet.  I would appreciate any comments or suggestions people have, especially from people who don't already know how to do these steps.  Do my instructions make sense?  What else could I add that would be helpful? (Film from more angles?  Show longer clips of just dancing?)  If I can get the bugs worked out, I plan to do a video of the more "kicky" steps next, as well as how to do some specific dances.  We filmed Contrapasso in Due already, but I haven't got it edited yet.  If anyone in or near Bloomington, Indiana wants to be a dancer in future videos, please let me know.  I really need men who are able to do the livelier dances..

--Urraca