[SCA-Dance] Spanish or Iberian dances?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu May 21 20:10:45 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 09:40:21AM -0400, Jen Kennedy wrote:

> Navarro's Discursos sobre el arte de Dancado ("discourses on the art of
> dance") from 1642 is as period as Playford, but unfortunately for your
> needs, not widely available in English translation (though one does
> exist if you care to seek it out; see the webpage for the citation).

This book is still in print.

http://www.addall.com/New/BestSeller.cgi?isbn=0838755313&dispCurr=USD

Alas, it doesn't have much in the way of specific choreography, but it
has a lot of fascinating stuff in it, including dance competitions.
Jose Bob sez: good stuff!

While he mentions Canarios, I forget if he says anything about
stamping steps.

-- Gregory