[SCA-Dance] singing accompaniment

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jun 26 11:07:44 EDT 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, David Learmonth <david.a.learmonth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron Drummond ... "In the past we've sung for ... Sellenger's
> Round, ... Hearts' Ease and Sellengers don't really work that well --
> the words that go to them are intended to be sung at a much slower
> pace that works well for the dance, and it just feels rushed if you
> try to sing them at dance tempo.

What words do you know?

Decades (yeep!) ago, I ran across a book of foolery in the University
of Michigan stacks.  It had words that worked for Sellinger's Round.
I only remember the beginning:

     The first catch was Sellenger's Round
     The cow jumped over the moon
     The goodwife shit in the piss pot
     The cream ran over her shoon

     <some line>
     <some line>
     I'll give you another as good as the other
     If you'll be ruled by me

And then it got dirty.  Anyone know *those* words?

Daniel de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com