[SCA-Dance] Not a Known World Dance Seminar?

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 23:01:52 EDT 2009

The bid approval process is described in excruciating detail here:
http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/kweventpolicy.pdf

What I have not been able to locate is whether the SCA, Inc. has trademarked "Known World".  It would have made sense for the corporation to have done so, but it is never written with  a TM or ® mark.  If they have, they own it--end of story.  If they haven't, then they can't legally control the use of the phrase.  All the same, if it were up to me, I wouldn't antagonize them by fighting over the name.

If an event like Crystal Ball can draw from four or five kingdoms while still being a "local" event, I don't see that being "Known World" is as important as being well-organized and well-promoted.

--Urraca