[SCA-Dance] Spanish or Iberian dances?

christopher532941 c_elmes at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 08:35:20 EDT 2009

> The LLibre Vermell of Montserrat, from a little later and
> rather similar in style, also has some very danceable tunes and I think
> even refers to some of the songs as dances. But unfortunately that seem to
> be all we have to go on (till the later sources already mentioned by
> others).
>
> Caitlin

Specifically the songs from the Llibre Vermell described as dances are:
Stella spelendens,
Los sept goyts,
Cuncti simus,
Polorum regina.

Stella splendens has a rubric with 'ad tripudium rotundum'; the
other three have 'a ball redon' (in Catalan). Both phrases mean
 '(to) a round dance'.

Otto

Chris Elmes

Gaita Medieval Music