[SCA-Dance] KWDS VII has been Approved!

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Feb 6 10:39:28 EST 2009

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, Charlene Charette <clclists1 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Tim McDaniel wrote:
>
>> USAians who may be wondering can go to http://www.google.com/ and
>> enter (for example)
>>      55 canadian dollars in us dollars
>> for an estimate of the US price, or "... in uk pounds" or
>> whatever.  (At the moment, it's CDN$55 = US$44.66.)
>
> Ugh.  I completely forgot about currency exchange.  I don't suppose
> the Canadians would accept Euros?

I'll bet that you can find someone to accept them ... at 1-to-1 with
Canadian dollars ...

Which is something for USians to watch out for.  When last I was
there, when exchange rates were similar to the current ones (1 US$ =
1.25 CDN$), a fair number of stores near the border said that they
accepted US currency, and some even added the terms that the others
used too, "at face value".

Fellow USers, Canada is like a whole nother country, with pretty
pastel money that's different from regular money, and you really do
want to spend the local money.

Danielis (1 euro = 1.60 CDN$ at the moment) de Lindicolino
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com