[SCA-Dance] Pennsic 38 Dance Stats

Gwommy 'Bill' Holderman gwommy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:44:19 EDT 2009

Greetings Dancers,

Here is some dance results which I collect during the two weeks of Pennsic.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tmqsrxkNQNb2JyQ7KvGZbKw&output=html

There are a few things to note:
1.)I didn't get a count for every class, but I got most of them.  I
didn't start counting people in classes until Thursday, so the classes
that are listed on the first Wednesday are only approximate numbers.
2.)Some bransles were done in suites, therefore, they were grouped
under Bransle Suites, rather than each indivisual bransle.  Same for
the old measures.
3.)The number of dancers dancing each song for the Pennsic Ball were
mostly approximated.  It was rather difficult to count people that
were spread over such a large area.
4.)The dances only  include dances that were done in the evening, with
the exception of the Queen's Ball, which is also added in.

For those that can't access the spreadsheet link listed above, here
are some stats:
1.)The average number of students per class was about 13 people.
2.)The largest class had 38 people attend it, which was a ball prep class.
3.)The most attended time slot is the 2-3pm slot, which was the
absolute beginner track.
4.)We averaged doing about 29 dances each evening(from first Sunday
night to the last Saturday)
5.)Bella Gioiosa, Black Alman, Gracca Amorosa, Petit Vriens, and
Whirligig were danced 10 or more times this year.
6.)When adding together the number of dancers for each time the dance
was danced, Petit Vriens, Rosti Boli, Lorayne Alman, and Gathering
Peasecods all had over 300 dancers.
7.)As above, Amoroso, Black Alman, Hearts Ease, Horses Bransle, New Bo
Peep and Rufty Tufty all had over 200 dancers.
8.)There was about 130 different dances done during the evenings this year.

Hopefully these stats will help with the planning of next year's class
schedule and ball lists.  Questions, comments or concerns?
Yay!  Dancing!
--Gwommy