[SCA-Dance] being picky about Arbeau's double step

Jen Kennedy jen_kennedy at warpmail.net
Thu Oct 23 11:29:32 EDT 2008

If memory serves, the second interpretation is more like what Arbeau
describes... but if you want to do the step-behind, I wouldn't fault
you; for the most part Arbeau didn't seem to be picky about execution of
steps (unlike say Caroso).

Relatedly, when's the last time someone brought up the special
kicky/bouncy doubles in a few Arbeau dances--like Official Bransle, and
maybe Montarde?

When one does the steps as described in Orchesography, rather than
popular SCA tradition, good old Official is a lot harder--and it starts
to look like a watered down galliard with volta bits. :-D

Yay dancing,
Eoin