[SCA-Dance] ly bens/parson's

Charlene Charette clclists1 at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 14:15:01 EDT 2008

Jane & Mark Waks wrote:
 >> How do people in the East Kingdom finish Parson's Farewell?  One set of
 >> instructions suggests doing two circular heys, but the original sounds a
 >> bit different.
 >
 > Hmm. Don't recall a circular-hey version, but there are again
competing reconstructions. (Indeed, I published two back-to-back in the
Letter of Dance.) Locally (and I think more generally in the East), we
do Baron Patri's reconstruction:

If by "circular hey" you mean the two couples face each other and start
by reaching across, then that version comes from Cecil Sharp.

--Perronnelle

--
No number of experiments can prove me right, but it takes only one to
prove me wrong.  -- Albert Einstein