[SCA-Dance] Half Hannikin heresy

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon May 19 01:44:32 EDT 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Mary Railing <mrailing at kiva.net> wrote:
> When I said that Half Hannikin, as danced in the SCA, is an SCA
> invention, I was referring to the the way it is danced in the Middle
> Kingdom.

That is, the circular version, with two sidings, two armings, and the
the second armsing is 1.5 times around.

> This *is* quite different from the original dance, and I was
> assuming (perhaps falsely) that this was the dance Tim McDaniel
> meant

Exactly.  I had no idea that Playford had a different version.
The circular modern version is all I've seen or heard of, and it's how
it's danced in Ansteorra (and I may have helped bring it down from the
Middle).

Dannet de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com