[SCA-Dance] Dancing in Northpass on May 17th...Reminder for some- announcement for others- Please forward to ot

William Bornander wrborn at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 22:02:57 EDT 2008

A Dance Academy and a Ball in the Canton of Northpass

Princes and Paupers, Counts and Commoners, come together on the Feast of Saint Brandan for a Day of Dance.  Join us for An Academy and Ball in the Canton of Northpass, in the Crown Province of Ostgardr.Spring will be upon us and our Great Kingdom will prepare for the approaching dark clouds of War, yet for those of us who pine for the more Noble Arts, we propose a celebration of the beloved joy of Dance.We present an Academy of worthy mentors from throughout our renowned Kingdom and from distant and foreign Lands all gathered this day for the lone purpose of sharing the art of Terpsichore.  The day will consist of instruction for all Dancers… whether one is blessed with Feet most graceful or those Cursed with Two Feet, alas both left.  To stave off impending Hunger you may avail yourself of Sustenance throughout the day and at the close of instruction we shall fortify ourselves with a light meal before the Revel begins.We have invited the finest of the Musical Arts to regale us with waves of Music as we indulge ourselves in a Grand Ball.  Celebrating the Music of Italy, France, and the Norman and Saxon Lands.

We have planned the party and now we are requesting you join us. If you are unable to send in a preregistration please send an email (to dance at northpass.eastkingdom.org ) to let us know you are coming so we can plan. There is (as of the sending of this email) some space available on the feast but we are able to increase this further if we know ahead that we will need to. We do not want to be unable to feed anyone who wants to be in on the evening food. Please help us to plan so we can have the correct amount of food and tables.

After the evening meal (and during the beginning of the dancing) we will be asking those who are willing to bring a subtlety to share. They will be placed on a table for enjoyment during the ball.

Please visit the Event description on the East Kingdom website - http://eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1567 - for general information  and the event website http://northpass.eastkingdom.org/DanceEvent.htm for additional information.