[SCA-Dance] dance video

Mary Railing mrailing at kiva.net
Tue Mar 25 13:33:19 EDT 2008

It has to be a modern choreography.  Except for being processional, it
doesn't resemble the allemande in Orcheseography or the almans in the Inns
of Court sources, much less a baroque allemande. Since this video appears
to be European in origin, I doubt it's a Scadian dance. I'm not where I
can look up sources, but I vaguely remember that Melusine Wood in one of her books
had an "Estampie" choreography based on the steps of Turkeyony.  I suppose
this might be it, or one of her other choreographies, but I can't check.
You are unlikely to find the source of this choreography, unless whoever
 posted the video to YouTube knows and choses to comment on it.

--Urraca